Carpets have not lost their charm and popularity despite the arrival of so many other flooring options. Carpets do not require very extensive cleaning but once in a while, a deep cleaning is recommended in addition to regular vacuuming.
Here, we are going to share with you some tips on carpet and upholstery cleaning brought to you by Annapolis Clean Carpet. It is a professional carpet cleaning company that gives your carpet a new look and a new lease of life. Carpet cleaning is not rocket science, yet experts have the training, knowledge, and relevant tools and gadgets to get the job done perfectly. So, if you are not in a mood to do-it-yourself than remember Annapolis Clean Carpet for your carpet and upholstery cleaning job. With that said, let us move to some important carpet cleaning tips;
A vacuum cleaner is your first choice for cleaning your carpet. This should be done regularly to minimize the amount of dirt that gets ground into the carpet. Some people take their shoes off at the front door which helps because less dirt gets tracked in. To really maintain the carpet a periodic deep steam cleaning should also be done.
Club Soda and Vinegar as a Carpet Cleaner:
For beer and wine stains, try blotting club soda on the stain. Then absorb with a dry towel. For tougher stains, your regular white vinegar can be a great carpet cleaner. You can make a potent carpet cleaner by mixing equal amounts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Spray the stain and after ten to fifteen minutes use a dry sponge to press down on the spot to absorb vinegar mixture and the stain. Clean with water and then weigh down multiple layers of paper towel to absorb the moisture.
Baking soda is a very powerful agent that can clean your carpet very well and also get rid of its foul smell. You can use it on the whole carpet and also for spot cleaning. Just sprinkle it generously on the carpet and lightly spray some hot water over it. Let it sit like this for some 3 hours and later use a vacuum cleaner to pick up the dirt and smell.
- For getting rid of animal hair use a squeegee
- While removing a stain, blot it, do not rub it. Some stains need to be dried first before you treat them. Rubbing a fresh stain will spread it further. Even after drying, blot it inwards not outwards.
- If you have a long-haired carpet then use a lint roller
- A warm iron is used for candle wax. But be careful not to burn or melt the carpet. Put down a white rag on the wax and then the warm iron is applied to melt the wax. Then scrape off the wax with a dull knife like a butter knife.
- Besides normal cleaning, baking soda is also helpful in removing oil stains, pet droppings, and bad odor.
- Shaving cream can also remove stains on your carpets and upholstery. Put it on the stain, wait 30 minutes, then blot. Then use the vinegar mixture described above.
- For removing chewing or bubble gum on the carpets, rub an ice cube on the gum. Once it is hard (after 30-45 seconds), take some scissors to carefully cut it out of the carpet. Cut as little of the carpet as possible and the result should be undetectable.
So, there you have it some top tips from the experts at Annapolis Clean Carpet. Take care of your carpets and enjoy their cleaning process.